The Lord by wisdom hath founded the earth, and by His understanding, the Heavens were established. Prov 3 v 19. This scripture talks volumes of what it took the Lord to establish the created world. This shows the secret of what happened in Gen 1: 1 when God created the Heavens and the earth in the beginning.
Now we are already at the end of the world and God is rounding up, and putting final changes to His created world. He is seriously laboring to see how, He can bring to a glorious end what was started some millennia ago.
A cursory look at the scripture will reveal that two major forces are running concurrently in these last days. One is that force of sin, which like a mighty Dracula is dragging men to hell, and making even the saints to become worldlier in outlook. The second force, which is the most important but unfortunately is the least emphasized; is that of God. The scriptures is replete with promises of what God intends to do in the final days in which we are. God has promised that “the glory of the latter house shall surpass the former” Haggai 2: 9 . I don’t think God is a failure; therefore in spite of whatever is happening in the world (and especially in the Church) we are rest assured that our God who is mighty in battle will eventually win, and that His best acts were not in Acts of the Apostles, but is going to be in the last dispensaAtion.
All these already stated, the question is; why are things going so slowly in the course of the advance of God’s kingdom?
I believe strongly that the reason is that there has not been enough Creativity in our Evangelism. It seems to me that, it is in secular pursuits that we put all our creative energies into. It is to be remembered that according to Jesus, the greatest of the commandments is to love the Lord our God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind. (Luke 10: 27) This means our love for God must come from our hearts, it must be strong enough to have consumed our entire creativity and physical might.
Brethren it is high time we seriously rethought our strategies in reaching out to our lost world with the gospel. I hope we are not sincerely outdated in our outreach efforts. When Paul said that the preaching of the cross is foolishness to the perishing (1Cor 1: 18) He made it clear that the gospel was foolishness to them because the god of this age has blinded their minds (2Cor 4: 4) and not because the cross was presented in a foolish and uninterestingly dull manner.
There are a few suggestions below on creatively spreading the gospel:
1. Presenting scriptures through games.
2. Sending of viruses, malwares e.t.c that isn’t really destructive to alert men about the imminence of the Rapture.
3. Mass-producing evangelically oriented, cheap cost designer T-shirts. This won’t be for purposes of a programme, but a real designer shirt.
4. Having a newspaper that will present world reports from the Biblical viewpoint, so that it will have a higher readership amidst the populace we are trying to reach.
5. Establishing sound businesses for the sole purpose of financially supporting frontier evangelism. In addition, this will be done with a purpose of infecting men with prayer soaked commodities, which they will need from day to day anyway.
6. Having in every street a kiosk where CDs or DVDs will be sold, but from which correct message will be blasted all day long
7. Edge cutting technologies would be prayerfully invented to propagate the gospel faster e.g tracts exploder (for Arabian Peninsula), bulk SMS, using optic fiber to convey gospel writings in transnational.
8. Passing across scriptures (unconverted) in form of songs, raps, instrumentals e.t.c.
9. Prayer cover per square kilometer
10. The merging of the religious and secular spheres into one whole piece, controlled spiritually; hence resulting in engineers, doctors, nurses, business moguls of the spirit.
11. Doing all things especially day-to-day secular businesses with the sole purpose of advancing God’s kingdom in your heart and action.
12. Pursuit of abnormal excellence in all issues.
13. Locality mentality and not denominational mentality in the pursuit of kingdom agenda.
14. Tushing up of poor people (using Photoshop to tush them up)